Saturday, January 22, 2011

It Was So Freaking Good, You Guys

The last time I ate at Five Guys was sometime in 2007. Because I made the decision to move back to Michigan so quickly, I really didn't have time to do all of the things that I wanted to do before leaving DC (most were food and alcohol related). That included visiting Five Guys for a caloric free-for-all.

When an Ann Arbor bookstore closed last summer, its amazing location was just begging for something to appeal to the college crowd. Right in the heart of campus, I pretty much jumped for joy upon learning of the new tenants.

I didn't go on opening day - good thing, too, as I would have had a bit of a wait. The line led out the door and wrapped around the corner - ironically, just as it did when the store was one of the student bookstores. It wasn't that long when I hopped in line, but there was still a bit of a wait. Although this time, I knew that I wouldn't be buying a grossly overpriced 150-page paperback (that I would later only be able to sell back at one twentieth of the price), and instead get a fabulous burger.

I splurged and got fries, too, because it was a banner day. A banner day, you guys! I took my lunch to my desk and proceeded to stink up the entire office with the smell of french fries and beef. Mmmmmm... beef.

God, I love a good burger.

2 comments:

lem said...

Mooooo

Heather said...

lem - They have grilled cheese there, too!