Sunday, January 09, 2011

I'm Not Really All That Ready For Some Football

I'm... a little sick of football.

With the college bowl games almost over, I was looking forward to hockey. Just lots and lots of hockey.

But Mike woke up like a kid on Christmas today: "NFL Playoffs start today! NFL Playoffs start today!!!!!"

After the Lions pulled out four wins in a row, something that was both miraculous and inspiring - especially for the long-suffering, yet loyal fans here in Michigan - I have to admit that I was a little excited, too. But then it was the end of the season, the Lions were definitely NOT moving on, and I was fine with that.

But now I have another month or so of football to watch. It's fine, really, it's just that I like college football more. And Jesus does, too.

Jesus wears football sandals.

No comments: