Saturday, August 01, 2009

How to Make Your Cell Phone Less Annoying

Number One: Get rid of your stupid ring tone.

Number Two: Seriously, no one wants to hear your stupid ring tone.

Number Three: Make your voicemail less painful for your friends and family by following the directions here. The awesome geniuses at engadget have discovered the ways to rid your voicemail of the obnoxious and useless pre-recorded bullshit that your poor caller is forced to hear after your greeting.

"At the tone, please record your message.When you have finished recording, you may hang up, or press 1 for more options. To leave a callback number, press 5. (Beep)."

They've found ways around the madness for AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. AWESOME.

T-Mobile users seem to be screwed, however.

(Thanks to Gabe, who posted this on his gmail chat before I promptly stole it for blog fodder.)

5 comments:

gabe said...

B-b-but... my ringtone is Stephen Colbert declaring that my phone is ringing!

Even tho I posted it, I still haven't gotten around to changing mine. Sorry, I'm a jerk. On the plus side, since everyone uses Verizon, one handy tip is just to press *, which should bypass the message and go straight to voicemail.

Waayers said...

Didn't Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet have a ring tone that said "your phone is ringing"? That would be awesome to have.

Heather said...

gabe - That is seriously amazing. That would be awesome to hear. I would answer the phone laughing at my own ring tone every time!

But I was thinking of phones playing rap songs and the horrid ring each manufacturer has for their products.

waayers - That would also be amazing. I just don't want to hear Nickelback and the like.

And as much as I love Liz Lemon, I wouldn't want "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit," either.

lem said...

I was very excited about this until I got to the part about T-Mobile users being screwed. I have T-Mobile. I guess I can't use this nifty gadget, huh?

Heather said...

lem - Nope, you picked the wrong carrier. FAIL.