Saturday, August 22, 2009

How Cool is This House?

No, seriously. How cool is this house?


When I first drove by, we were on our way to a winery, but I knew that I just had to snap a picture or two. It reminded me of one of the books I've been reading, The World Without Us, which discusses how long it will take the Earth to reclaim the land once humans are gone. It's absolutely fascinating and not at all dull. It reads almost like a novel, rather than the factual, scientifically-based book it is.

Clearly, this awesome house was given to the Earth years ago. I wonder how long it will be before it's gone?

2 comments:

lem said...

I can't wait to read that book! I was hoping I could get book club to read it, but I'm thinking I might just need to read it on my own instead of waiting for them. Speaking of waiting, I've been waiting for a month now for the library to call and tell me I can finally pick up Kavalier and Clay.

Heather said...

lem - It is SUCH a good book. Completely mesmerizing!