Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hello, It Was My Birthday Today

My 29th birthday, easily the best birthday yet, consisted of lots of food and fun. And wine.

-My museum friends took me to Red Hawk for lunch, my favorite lunch in town.

-My coworkers got me cupcakes and a giant cookie, which lasted about 1.3 minutes:

There was FROSTING on the giant COOKIE.
Glorious.

-And then there was dinner with Mike and our parents at Bravo, where there is a fun, family-friendly Roman ruin decor. At least, that's what their website says. When I think of Roman ruins, I most definitely think of FUN. But they did offer LOBSTER RAVIOLI and alcohol, so I stopped worrying about the ruins potentially falling on my head.

I think there was a restaurant. I know there was wine.

We all headed back to Mike's parents' house and had dessert, presents, and a boat ride.

Mike got me the sweetest, most perfectest necklace:

Behold my mad camera phone skillz!

I wasn't scared of turning 29, nor am I scared of 30. I'm happy. The happiest I've ever been. That's all that matters!

2 comments:

lem said...

Sweet friends reference. There's one for every occasion!

Heather said...

lem - As soon as I saw that picture of me, I knew that I had to use that quote. And for the record, that was a white wine tasting flight. Only a few ounces each.

I would have had more, though.