Sunday, August 23, 2009

In My Family, Birthdays Tend to Last Longer Than a Single, Solitary Day

Yesterday was super sweet. My brother and bitchin' sister-in-law threw a little party for me and my dad, as his day of birth falls just ten days after mine. We had steak. There was other awesomeness, but the steak (ooh, and the grilled onions) was pretty much amazing.

With big sister Alexis hanging out with her Grandma Mindy, Savannah realized that she was king of the mountain for once, and absolutely relished in the attention.

"Hi, I'm Savannah. I just woke up. Do you like my hair? I think that it looks punk. Anyway, let's get down to business. When I want something, you will get it for me. Do you understand?"

After we bowed to her every whim (for about three minutes), she then made it clear that there would only be one favorite today, and moved her chair as close to Grandpa as she could:

"Yes, this is good. I enjoy this."

Meanwhile, Bruiser the Jack Russell Psycho Terrier was confused as to why Mike didn't want to stop watching the horrible, horrible, horrible Detroit Lions and get off the garage couch:

Ah, but there was someone who was able to change that:

That is, until she got drunk on Woodchuck (I know)
and dove into the kiddie pool behind her:

Just kidding, Bruiser wouldn't let her. It was too cold!

And thus ends the epic tale of my birthday. SO FAR.

3 comments:

RR said...

Too cold? It's August . Weirdo up north summer weather.

Waayers said...

That picture of you throwing the bottle back is hilarious! You look like a drunk. Hehe. :)

Heather said...

rr - The weather has been completely bizarre this summer. In August, it's usually mid 80s and humid every day. We've only cracked 90 once or twice this summer, and that is unheard of. Damn you, El Nino and La Nina! Or the greenhouse effect! Or... something.

waayers - I really needed it, OKAY?