Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hey, ATM? Shut Up.

About a month ago, I found this in the ATM:

1. No, I didn't alter it.

2. The guy who left it was just ahead of me at the drive-thru. He drove a Dodge Stratus. (Hee. No, he didn't. He drove a Honda Accord. Of course.)

3. Who the shit has that much money in a checking account? I know nothing about finances, but even I know not to keep that much cash in a low-interest account.

4. Was it left on purpose? Did the person who left it behind want someone else to salivate at the thought of having that much money?

5. Do I have to wonder where I stand in the classic debate of haves vs. have-nots?

Nope. But at least I don't drive an Accord.

4 comments:

RR said...

Seriously, who has that much money in a checking account? Is he planning to leave town suddenly and is afraid he won't have access to his investments? Does he want everyone to think he has 12 times that much in a saving account? Who keeps that much money in a checking account?

Heather said...

rr - I'm with you. It doesn't make sense. UNLESS. What if it was an Office Space type scheme? Hmmmm.......

Anonymous said...

Never mind that it is in a low-interest account. That isn't FDIC insured!

Heather said...

lem - This guy is getting dumber and dumber. But he's apparently rich, so... worthy of our respect.