Thursday, November 01, 2007

Necessities

Superfluous books!

In my jackassitude, I forgot to cancel not one, but TWO different main selections from my book club. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, as I have never been disappointed with any of my books from QPB, but as I am trying to save money, this is kind of crappy for me.

But sending the books back will cost me money, and I really don't see the point in spending money to NOT have books, so I've decided to keep them.

Then again, do I NEED more books? No, I do not need more books. In fact, when Awesome Old Roommate Jenny and I went to Shenandoah the other weekend, I informed her that we would be having a conversation much like the following, and she was instructed to reply as such:

Heather: Oooh, Jenny, there's an awesome used book store in Front Royal. We have to go!

Jenny: No, you have ten trillion and twelve books. You don't need any more.

Heather: But they have classics for ten cents. TEN CENTS, JEN. TEN CENTS. TEN.

Jenny: You don't need books. You need to save money.

Heather: But it's RIGHT THERE. PLEASE?

Jenny: No, and if you don't shut your face, we're not getting sundaes from McDonald's.

Heather: I hate you.

...

Don't be surprised if you receive one of these beauties as a gift. Is what I'm saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 cents??? You know I'm not usually an enabler, but for 10 cents I totally would have stopped!

Heather said...

Hmmm, I might have exaggerated a little, as they are not ALL ten cents, but I did get one for a dime and another for a dollar. They had a bargain table out front and I found... I can't remember. Well, it was a good one, I swear!