Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hello, I Am Here to Give You an Update

It's simply crazy the way things happen.

First, there was Thanksgiving. I have just one photo to prove that it happened, and it is here (if you took pictures, please send them to me!):

Hello, I am here to cook you turkey.

My dad and I were in the Uhaul on I-270 when my mom called to announce the birth of my second niece, Savannah. Kari went into labor two weeks early and the baby just happened to arrive when I was on my way home. Of course, the Uhaul wasn't as fast as my old little car, and it took ten hours to get to Michigan, rather than the usual eight.

Also, did you know that gas is expensive?

Hello, I am here to drain your bank account!

Instead of driving directly to Ann Arbor as previously planned, we drove to my parents house instead. My mom had the car running, so we hopped out of the Uhaul, into the minivan, and sped to the hospital. I held my infant niece and didn't want to let her go.

Hello, I am here to make you burst into tears for no reason.
I'm THAT CUTE.


Later, even though I was completely exhausted, we drove to Ann Arbor. In the Uhaul. Oh, we stopped for gas first, of course, and I just narrowly missed driving over the pump. I told you that I probably shouldn't drive, LADY. Hey, you can open your eyes now.

My new apartment is so much more than I expected. It's so cute!

(Here is where I would post a picture of said apartment, if it wasn't currently Cardboard Box City.)

I can't explain how I feel to be back in Michigan. I am so happy! Well, except for the 28 degree - FEELS LIKE 16 - weather. It's cold, y'all.

3 comments:

JLR said...

I want to see Cardboard Box City!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm glad you like your apartment! THat is such a cute picture of you holding your niece.

Heather said...

jlr - Unfortch, Cardboard Box City has ceased to be. Their town charter was dismantled and stored. But in five months, when this sublease is up... well, I'm going to be mayor again.

lem - My apartment is so freaking awesome I am going to have to be dragged out of here kicking and screaming when my lease ends. And thanks - my niece is ridiculously cute.