Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Predictive Text is Really Starting to Piss Me Off

Thank you, Verizon Wireless, for being almost completely worthless.

I love predictive texting - I think that it's brilliant. But... there are clearly some flaws. I hate that my dipshit phone assumes that I want to type "G'd" instead of "I'd." Every. Damn. Time. Does my stupid phone think I'm Australian, attempting to type "G'day?" I don't know.

Also, when I type just one, solitary letter from the "abc" key, you'd THINK that my phone would know that I want to use the letter, "a." ALAS, IT DOES NOT. Apparently "b" is acceptable as a word. Dammit.

It also won't let me type "shit," assuming that I mean "shiv." Yes, I was typing about prison weaponry, PHONE. Just let me swear! Stop censoring me! (However, now that I've typed them enough, it does recognize "fuck," "fucking," "GD," and "douche.")

"I'm a Razrrrrrrrr!
I'm rrrrrrrretarded!"

4 comments:

Em said...

I.Love.You.

Anonymous said...

Well, you did choose a Motorola.

Anonymous said...

Also, aren't you a little comforted that the machines aren't yet smart enough to take over the world? I mean, eventually they will be, but based on your phone's skills, that time is looking a little more distant.

Heather said...

em - I love you, too!

lem - I like my Motorola! I've gotten used to where the keys are and how to text without looking! But I am glad to know that they are still lacking in basic intelligence. It's just too difficult to watch I, Robot sometimes...