Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Etsy Insanity

Wow. Normally I love etsy. You can find some really beautiful things at great prices - I found a really cute owl print and some adorable pink dishes with little birdies. Birdies!

My six-year-old wool coat is on its way out, and though Macy's is having a crazy sale right now, I really do like the look of vintage --- but it has to be perfect. I figured that I might as well take a gander on etsy. I adore this coat (pink!), but I don't think that I'll be buying it because of its double-breastedness. I'm picky.

Bored, I resumed my search today, again entering "wool coat." I uncovered more fabulous finds, but nothing perfect. UNTIL I FOUND THIS:


SALE...... Tree of the forest COAT
What. The. Fuck?

But wait! It gets better! Here is the description, word for word, without edits:

If you love the nature. This one is the best coat for you. You will feel part of a forest park. You allow that the nature should be a part of your life!!!

This coat is an exceptional handwoven coat made whit selected yarns (silk, cotton-silk, wool, cotton and fantasy). Totally handmade it could be worn on autumn or winter. It’s an original and unique design to surprise and to love for ever.

You could wear it over a t-shirts, a turtleneck, a vest, a shirt or a dress. Very easy to wear with anything.

An incredible piece to embellish your wardrobes:-)

Shades of green and brown compose this coat.
The fringes and the weft fabric give to this coat a quality of a very exclusive cover.
Extremely fun to wear!!!!

I love the nature! I love yarn of fantasy! I want to embellish my wardrobes! Oh, but... I probably shouldn't spend $128 on something that I could make on a three day crack binge.

2 comments:

Waayers said...

LOL!!! That was hysterical! Is that coat shipping from the Russia?

Heather said...

waayers - Mexico, I think. Can you believe that monstrosity?