Friday, June 13, 2008

Why?

Look at all of the lovely drinking containers, lined up in a nice row.

You might be thinking to yourself, "Wow, that's a cool looking Nalgene-type bottle. I wish I had one of those for myself. But... huh. Hrmm. What... are those little things to the left?"

If you're thinking that they might be a form of feminine product, you're right.

This next picture is one I took after turning 90 degrees to my left.

Hi, I'm a bathroom.
Leave your dishes here, please.

Why? WHY?

Why would you keep your drinking vessel in the PUBLIC RESTROOM? I just don't understand the logic here.

And you know? What is it about me and bathrooms?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and next to bleach?

Deals On Wheels said...

Is that a beaker?

Heather said...

megan - Yes. Next to bleach.

deals - I think that it's a vase, but does it really matter? People are GROSS.

Anonymous said...

not to be alarmist, but hasn't there been some controversy about nalgene containing BPA?

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2008/05.15/09-nalgene.html

and from your link to nalgene:
http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/PDFs/08NAL_BPA_PR.pdf

Heather said...

mush - Sadly, I have heard about the BPA controversy. I say sadly because I have two Nalgene bottles that I use on a daily basis, and I'm afraid that I am going to have to STOP IT.

Thanks for the links. I guess my next purchase will be something in the stainless steel variety.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a beaker too.

Apparently the person that left the water bottle in the bathroom didn't watch the Mythbusters episode about how feces travels though the air. I mean, you pretty much aren't safe anywhere, but it is worse in the bathroom. I still have nightmares about it.

Heather said...

lem - YES! I was going to mention that! I saw that episode, too, and it totally grossed me out.

And you know what else? That Nalgene-type bottle ISN'T CLOSED, which makes it EVEN WORSE.

UGH!