Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Heroic Adventures of Sammy the Sauropod

At the La Brea TAR PITS...

Donny the Dimetrodon is not impressed with Tony's offer...

"Why would we want to join your sad little gang?
You losers strut around like you own the Pits."

Tony, arrogant as ever, never skipped a beat:
"Not you, loser - you're not even a dinosaur!
And we don't take too kindly to your kind."

Albert "The Ace" weighed in:

"Dudes........ you know, be........ dudes."

"Uhhh..."

"Right. Well you know the code.
If you turn down my offer, we fight... to the death."

Albert the Ace wanted no part of this.
Like most Anklyosaurs, he was a staunch pacifist.
But before he could speak his mind, Donny the D
took matters into his own hands - by spiking Tony on the claw.

(Which, come to think of it, didn't really matter as his arms
were pretty much useless.)

But Tony was actually a huge puss when it came to minor pain.
Now he was pissed.

When he attempted a bite of Donny's sail, Donny,
very fleet of foot, tripped him. Tony fell backwards
into the TAR PIT.

As he dangled over the edge of the TAR PIT,
the end looked near for Tony the T.

All of a sudden, Sammy fearlessly leapt into action,
moving faster than any had ever witnessed!

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

Sammy launched himself upon Donny the D,
and a quick flick of his tail sent Donny hurtling
into the deepest, darkest, no-way-out-of-est
section of the deadly TAR PITS, thus saving
Tony the T's reptilian ass.

"Gurgle... bleegggggggghhhhh... GAH!"

Yeah.
He was dead.

This selfless act of heroism shocked the gang:

Stan: "Wow, Sammy! That was awesome!"

Troy: "Where'd you learn those sweet moves?"

"Been practicing. No big whoop."

"Dudes."

"Thanks, Sammy. You're the best. I'm so lucky you were here.
Can I buy you a pterodactyl burger?"

"All I want is to be your friend. And maybe quit calling me fat."

Stan: "Yeah but it takes you six hours to climb up the hill."

Troy: "And you always finish our candy when
we're not paying attention."

"SHUT UP! I'M BIG-BONED!"

"Sigh..."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could make a career out of this, you know!

Sarah said...

MADE OF WIN.

Waayers said...

LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!

Heather said...

a - Haha, if I write a book (which I would love to do), I'll have to include random pictures of squishy dinosaurs.

sarah - Thank you!

waayers - Exactly. He's large.

Em said...

you are truly awesome. If I was a lesser person I would hate you for your talent.... hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel there are unresolved issues! Does this mean Sammy gets to be part of the gang? I guess we have to stay tuned for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but this is lame by your usual standards of blogging.

Unknown said...

So, Anonymous, what exactly do you post on your brilliant blog? I mean, with the creative juices that it took to come up with a name like Anonymous, I'd assume that you have a blog with travel bits, recipes, book and movie reviews and the occasional dinosaur rant. Oops, that's actually Heather's blog. I'm not sure what your usual standards of blogging are, but please do share with us your "Standard Operating Procedures." We're all on the edge of our seat, just waiting to push you off of yours.

Heather said...

em - Aw, thanks honey!

lem - I agree. There are definitely some unresolved issues. STAY TUNED.

Heather said...

anon - Oooh, goody! It's been a while since I got a troll-y comment.

kristen - Exactly. And I'm going to guess that you churned that out in less than fifteen seconds. It's amazing what a master's degree does for one's intelligence.