Friday, June 13, 2008

Rainy Day Flowers

Today, after awakening to a complete downpour outside, decided to walk to work anyway. It took about twice as long once my flip flops were inundated with water, causing me to slip and slide like an idiot, but it really wasn't that bad. I did have to stop and wait under a tree at one point, as the water came down in sheets.

By eleven o'clock, the skies had cleared, the sun came out, and it was a gorgeous, warm spring day.

By 4:45, it was pouring again.

Jerk ass Mother Nature must have thought this was pretty funny, making us working types sit inside during the good, lovely sunshiney weather and force us to deal with the torrential rain once we finally escaped from our dungeons.

As I began my long walk home, I spotted a gorgeous flower, enjoying the rain. Then I saw another. And another!

And these are the moments for which I am glad I carry my camera around:




I like how everything is in focus except for the one in the foreground.








So I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all.

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

No rain for us. Just heat. It is only June and already 100 degrees. I don't even want to think what August will be like.

My nose is burning. Like the skin...not like allergies.

And I want chocolate...

Heather said...

deals - I can't handle that heat. Leaving DC was the best thing that I've ever done for my hair :)

When I was in Arizona, the dry heat was a definite change, but it gets so damn hot there that I know I could never deal with it.

And I want chocolate, too.