Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whatever Happened to the Berenstain Bears?

While shopping for my niece's birthday a few weeks back, I ventured into Toys R Us and just about passed out from the intensity. Have you been IN one of those stores since you were seven? Holy crap on toast, I thought that I would get lost and hyperventilate.

Once I found the dolly stroller, in pink, thank you very much, I wandered over to the book section. And thank the sweet Lord that I did, because otherwise, I would have never known about these AMAZING publications:

I can think of a lot of other things "F" stands for.
Namely, farts.
Why, what were you thinking?

If... you beat up that bitch baby at daycare.
If... you wet your bed.
If... you get fat and slobby.
If... you bring home someone of the same sex.
If... you find mommy and daddy's stash.
If... really, the possibilities are endless here.

Hey, I have an idea!
Let's create a child prostitute character!
Kids love to think about their future careers!

Work it, Nancy.
Or Wayne Brady might have to choke a bitch.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We so own two Fancy Nancy books. And now I will never see them the same way ever again. Even though one of them is Fancy Nancy goes to the Museum.

Anonymous said...

Wow, gone are the days of quality children's books, huh?

Heather said...

sarah - Will you bring them to work so that I can see them? I want to know how to write a children's book about whores and get published!

lem - You should have SEEN the selections at the store. Ugh.