Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Try to Figure Out THIS One, Because I Sure Can't

I have bad luck with work bathrooms. Remember this lovely incident? Lord above.

Today confirmed my fantastically horrific luck (or perhaps my impeccable timing!).

This afternoon, I headed to the ladies', pushed open the door to the very small, very two-stalled room, and... came face to face with a woman sitting in a random chair. Studying. She was sitting in the minuscule bathroom. Studying. In the bathroom.

I started to say, "Are you kidding me?" but stopped. I did say it to myself, though. Several times. Because, really? In the GD BATHROOM?

And then? I got the stage fright. I couldn't pee.

Now, I know that the museum can be a busy place - we had four school groups here today, with over 100 people in each group. They were loud and rambunctious and we had to post ourselves at the elevator on each floor to make sure that the little darlings weren't fucking with the controls. They were, and I got to use my teacher voice and tell them that they weren't allowed on the elevator without a chaperone. Which brings me to: where the hell were the chaperones? These weren't high school students - they were 3rd graders. What the hell? Apparently it's intelligent to let the little monsters run around the museum like dipshit hillbillies.

Anyway, it was a busy, loud, ridiculous day. But those groups have been gone for two hours. Why study in the bathroom? WHY IN THE BATHROOM? WHY?

3 comments:

Waayers said...

I don't mean to be a "story topper," but check this one out: our ladies' room at work has a small couch in it - not in a separate room, but actually next to the stalls. I sometimes find the cleaning lady sitting there reading, or even EATING LUNCH!! In the bathroom. Seriously. It grosses me out.

JLR said...

That's wrong! That's just wrong! What's her deal?

Heather said...

waayers - Well, if she cleans the bathroom, then she knows its cleanliness better than most, I suppose.

jlr - EXACTLY.