Monday, January 29, 2007

You Like Spice?

I bought Chinese food for lunch from one of the many Asian-themed buffets here at the incomparable L'Enfant Plaza. I went in search of food later in the day (1:45 p.m.), so I'm not sure if the entree signs had been removed or if they never existed in the first place. Either way...

I served myself a large dollop of rice and then added a nice mixture of chicken and broccoli to the bowl... OR SO I THOUGHT.

It was Kung mother-effing Pao. Son of a nutcracker. It was so spicy that one bite sent me running to the kitchen for the giant bottle of water I stashed for tomorrow. It was insanity. I am a major wuss, it's true, so I offered the dish to my coworker. No sense in discarding it, right? He couldn't eat it either.

My fault, really. I will be inquiring about the dishes from now on.

No comments: