Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bring Out the Flip Flops!

I am not going to complain about the weather. Nope, that's a lie.

It's 60-something degrees today! In mid-January! What the hell? Last weekend, Saturday's high of 70 degrees was almost record-setting. Sure, it's nice to be able to run errands all over the city, on foot, and not have to worry about a coat, but when I was sweating after walking the twenty blocks to Natural History, I started to wonder about this crazy climate and why I wasn't wearing a coat in January. The thing is - I wanted to be wearing a coat in January!

There are two kinds of weather people in DC: the warm lovers and the cold lovers. You might guess where my loyalties lie. I LOVE THE COLD. I miss snow! I miss scarves and hats and gloves and boots! When I think of winter, I think of Dr. Zhivago and the beautiful coats. Yes, it was a movie and those stylish coats were probably thin as paper, but so pretty!

Sure, the ski trip is a month away, and I'll get to indulge in those things soon... that is, if there is enough snow. Sigh.

Whatever - I have a birthday celebration to attend tonight, a party for which we pre-ordered shirts. I got a tank top. At least I won't have to wear a jacket over it all night!

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

It snowed in Dallas today. It never snows here.

Over the weekend wasn't much better, either. We had an ice storm. Temps have been waaaaaay below freezing. "Nippy" would be an understatement.

Yeah, so the weather is on crack. I'm supposed to be wearing flip flops this time of the year (all while laughing at your frozen ass up north). Le sigh.

Heather said...

Oh Deals... it's Thursday now and getting cold here (finally), but nothing compared to the weather there! But c'mon, it can't be worse than what you dealt with at Syracuse, can it??