Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy New Year!

What? I've been busy!

New Year's Eve was pretty sweet - the best to date. The food was fantastic, especially the chocolate fondue, and the different groups of friends meshed together nicely. The masquerade theme was inspired, and some of the masks could have won awards (I'm looking at you, Mr. Flying Spaghetti Monster).

I made it myself. Can you tell?

But tell me: What is it about semi-formal events that gets guys all up in arms? For an entire week before, you should have heard these brats complaining about dressing up, and some people opted to go elsewhere rather than have to remember how to tie a tie. It's not like they were expected to wear a tux... Regardless, the "dress code" went downhill as the hours rolled on by. I have to give these boys some credit, however -- I didn't see any ties converted to bandanas, so that's a plus.

I think that's me on the bottom left.
My hair looked much better from the front. I hope.


Monday's cleanup was an ordeal to say the least. I think I washed dishes and loaded the dishwasher for about an hour. It was... ew. But with ten or more people cleaning, the job went quickly. It was a grand success!

Way before alcohol became involved...

Happy New Year, Beetches! Let's make it a good one!

No comments: