Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Non-Smoking, Please

As of today, Happy Smoke-Free DC!

I have a birthday party to go to on Thursday, for a certain crazy-ass Texan chica, and I love love LOVE that I won't have to deal with the smoke. It's blatantly obvious that there are some unhappy with the law, but as I believe that it is a public health issue, then my choice to *not* inhale second-hand smoke trumps a smoker's right to smoke. In my honest opinion, of course.

I really think that DC establishments need not worry. I will be frequenting them MORE because of the smoking ban, and I'm sure that goes for many, many others in the city (and NOVA) as well. Yay for healthy lungs!

8 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

But Heather - I didn't come into town!! :P

(this would be in reference to the "crazy-ass Texan chica").

Heather said...

I KNOW that you didn't come to town. You should, as it is 70 degrees here today.

I was in Foggy Bottom earlier to pick up my MA diploma frame. Yes, I just got it. Yes, it's been almost three years since we graduated. Yes, the campus was empty of obnoxious undergrads, hence the reason I went today.

It was AWESOME.

Deals On Wheels said...

Haha!

(OMW - has it really been almost 3 years?! Ack!)

My mother asked me a month or so ago where my diplomas were, and sadly I haven't a clue. I mean, I think I know sorta' kinda' where they might be, but nothing for certain.

Alas! I should be beaten with sticks!

P.S. Trevor says HI. He has me watching Conan the Barbarian. Arnie's acting is beyond comprehension. :P

Anonymous said...

"But inside Adams Mill yesterday, some regular patrons disagreed. Smoking is a personal choice, they said, and if patrons don't like smoke, they can go elsewhere."

Really? Because last time I checked every place you went people were smoking. So patrons can't really go elsewhere. Unless they go to MD. Yay for smoke-free DC!!!

Heather said...

Deals, you crack me up. Conan? Really? Either way, it's been far too long since you've been here. Just sayin'.

Hi Trevor!

Heather said...

I know, Laurel. There was no escape from the evil smoke!

Hey, does this mean that you might go to Adams Morgan sometime now that you'll be able to breathe? Or are you still imposing the embargo?

Anonymous said...

The embargo had more to do with the death traps that compose Adams Morgan.

Heather said...

Ah, that's true. I don't understand how some of those places pass the fire code. One exit. Smart.