Thursday, January 11, 2007

Trader Joe's

I LOVE TRADER JOE'S!

Okay, I just needed to get that out of my system before we can move on.

I discovered Trader Joe's during my first year of grad school. I was living in Arlington and still had the lovely 'Scort, my trusty chariot. A flyer arrived in the mail one day, boasting good food at great prices! (And I don't know if you've ever had the pleasure of reading one of their flyers, but they are a hoot). I decided to check it out, and the rest is history. I had some time to kill the other day, so... well, here's what happened:

I love Smart Water. It's brought to me by the same people who created Vitamin Water, my latest addiction (hey, anything's better than Coca Cola, right?). It's one quart for $1.09. Love.

Pita Chips. These come in Cinnamon Sugar flavor, too. Which is like candy, but sort of good for you. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Teriyaki Sauce. Haven't tried it yet, but Merrick swears by it.

Everyone needs some good balsamic vinegar. I'm excited to try this, too.

Oh my gosh, how I love me some gnocchi. They made it mini, and secured my love forever.

Nothing will ever be as good as the rice pilaf recipe that my mom's Armenian friend passed on to me. It's basically butter and rice. So this is slightly healthier.

Pesto! I love love LOVE pesto, but don't always have the ingredients to make it from scratch.

I've yet to try this lovely salsa, but I think that it will be nice.

My favorite Thai dish at most restaurants is Pad Thai, and it's surprisingly easy to make. This kit makes it even easier. Not for everyday eating, but it's a nice treat.

Green tea is super good for you, and they have a great mild version. They also have green tea with mint (the BEST), but that's at work, so I couldn't take a picture. Oh my gosh, how much of a nerd am I, seriously?

Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Scones - this is the last of them, so no package to display. Amazing. And mini, so, cute. Obviously.

Every chef needs good olive oil, and TJ's has a fab selection. This one is on the cheap side, but works for all manners of food preparation.

These are super fun - they have a built-in grinder, so everyone can feel like a gourmet chef. It's fun to pretend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on TJ's. I'd move in if I could. You have to try these new chips. They're salt & pepper flavored with ridges for extra crunchiness! Salt& pepper! Why did no one think of this fantastic combination before??? Also, they have Three Philosophers beer (bottled by Ommegang), which is fantastic. It is very dark, but no bitter aftertaste. It actually has a hint of chocolate. I'm told its good with ice cream. (By with I mean over.) I'll let you know how that goes.

Heather said...

Ooooh, those chips sound lovely! I don't remember seeing those.

You're going to have a beer float, aren't you?

I had Merrick's car for the weekend, and I went to the Trader Joe's in Old Town THREE times. I can't get enough of that place. Plus, the wine? AWESOME.