Friday, June 24, 2005

Mmm... strep

I got home from work last night and I decided that it was time to stop ignoring the fact that my throat hurt. So I grabbed the flashlight and looked in the mirror. I immediately called my parents:

"Oh, hi Dad! Hey, so are my tonsils supposed to be the size of bouncy balls and have white spots all over them?"

So I went to the doctor this morning, and I have strep throat. Well, actually, the doctor said that I was "a big walking ball of strep." So I guess that's the same thing. Then he told me not to go to work today. No problem.

While waiting for my prescription to be filled at CVS, these are the things that ended up in my basket and that which I ultimately bought:

prescription
a bottle of kiwi strawberry juice
a can of chicken noodle soup
2 gel pens
a big bag of animal crackers
a jumbo Hershey bar

That's what happens when they make you wait for a prescription. You buy crap.

Now, I'm home, and I have nothing to do. I don't want to watch The Price is Right, even though I know that watching it is what you're supposed to do when you're home sick. Bob Barker just creeps me out too much.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you! The doctor gave me some potent stuff (only 5 pills!) and I will no longer be contagious by tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

that's lovely, because i woke up with a killer sore throat today