Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh My God, Why Did She Use Those Quotes? Why??!

So I've moved in with Mike, almost completely. Some of my random junk still remains at my apartment, because my hippie landlord gave me until the end of April to get everything out.

Well, she decided on an early return to Ann Arbor from North or South Carolina - or wherever the fuck she goes in the winter to smoke whatever the hell she smokes - which has seriously thrown my gradual moving plan into a whirlwind.

She noticed that the furniture was gone, yet other things remained. The closets still held shoes and coats and boxes. The kitchen looked untouched, with glasses and dishes still on the shelves. And Lord help her if she opened the fridge, because whatever smells she encountered were entirely her fault.

Her fault!

So she predictably freaked the fuck out and started calling and emailing me, demanding that I retrieve my things.

The next day, she had relaxed and apologized for her crabbiness, and I got this email:

"Actually Tuesday at 4:00 isn't going to work for me. I have a "thing" from about 7pm through about 2am and I'm going to need that time to sleep and get ready or I won't make my "events." I had the same situation today but because I didn't get my nap in, I came home at 10:00 and missed stuff. Anyway, after Tuesday everybody will be gone and you can come anytime."

What "thing?" Why the quotes? What "events?" What is she talking about!??!? Why does she need to rest?

This is quite disturbing.

Obviously, my first thought is that she was attending some kind of multi-day hippie orgy. This would make the most sense, as she is a total hippie, and old enough that a daily nap would be pretty much necessary. Especially if she was resting up for such "events."

I later discovered that she was attending a bunch of concerts and parties related to the fact that Iggy Pop and the Stooges were back in town. Kind of a disappointment, sure, but I suppose I should be relieved that she wasn't hosting hippie orgies at my old apartment.

The orgy leader?

No comments: