Saturday, April 02, 2011

Apartment Love

Now that I'm packing up my life once again, I've realized that I've lived in this adorable apartment longer than anywhere else since leaving my parents' house for college. Three and a half years is a nice chunk of time, and I really thought that I would feel sad to give up that slice of my life.

But I'm not.

I know that one's twenties are generally spent moving around, seeing new places, and making new friends, and that's just what I did. I got a master's degree, worked at one of the coolest places in the world, and met the love of my life. And now I get to live with him!

I've been moving things in slowly over the past month, and it's definitely a learning process. I now know what is going to drive him completely crazy:

--> reorganizing the kitchen cabinets and not telling him
--> letting dry clothes sit in the dryer for days
--> clutter everything everywhere EVERYWHERE with random crap
--> forgetting about leftovers in the fridge for WAY too long

...Wow, I am a TREAT to live with, aren't I?

Anyway, merging two households has been interesting, and I look forward to what the future brings!

No comments: