Sunday, October 19, 2008

Potatoes. Twice-like. Eat!

Just so you know, I'm not taking credit for this side-dish recipe (I found it online at some point). It's freaking awesome. When I had access to fresh herbs (i.e., my neighbor's herb garden), I made them for myself at least once a week. And after I made them for my dad's birthday, my parents flipped out and make them pretty often as well.

Twice Baked Potatoes

smallish redskin potatoes, similar in size
olive oil
salt & pepper
fresh or dried herbs like rosemary and thyme, chopped finely
(If you use dried herbs remember that they have more power than fresh - don't use too much!)

Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil. Place each of the potatoes on the sheet like so:


Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.

Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes once or twice - flatten them out to about the size of a cookie.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper and chopped herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.

Bake in a 450 degree oven for twenty minutes (or longer if you want them crispier).

Mmmm... crispy.

They are SO GOOD. And you won't miss the butter. Besides, olive oil is better for you anyway.

No comments: