Monday, July 28, 2008

ALERT!

This movie is currently being filmed just a few blocks from my house. Michael Cera! Steve Buscemi! Ray Liotta! Zach Galifianakis!

Shut the door. FRED WILLARD. Oh my God. The brilliance.

I walked by filming this morning on my way to work, but had no idea which film it was. The road was closed at Liberty and Ashley and a nice production assistant, who was wearing a badge that I couldn't read due to my STUPID GLASSES, directed me around the block. I should have stayed and stared, like the little old lady with her little old yip-yip dog.

And now I know why my bus route was jacked up.

Fred Willard. Oh man.

LIPSON: I'm sorry Mr. Geller. But you know, there's an old saying, 'Sometimes monkeys die.' It's not a great saying but it certainly is fitting today.

ROSS: Well, you know, someone should have called me.

LIPSON: I'm sorry. Look, I know this can't bring him back but here, it's just a gesture.

ROSS: Zoo dollars?

LIPSON: Yes, and come see the bird show at 4. The macaws wear hats. Well it's a lot cuter if your monkey hasn't just died.

UPDATE: Here is a picture of the set. Behold my mad picture-taking skillz:


That damn lady would not move out of the way for anything. Except maybe her manicurist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooove Fred Willard in all of the Christopher Guest movies. He's a hoot.

Heather said...

megan - I love him in anything. He was a guest star on Everybody Loves Raymond sometimes, and even though I really disliked that show, I watched it when he was on. THAT IS MY LIKING QUOTIENT OF FRED WILLARD.