Friday, September 28, 2007

Making It Happen


It was when I was sitting under my desk - crying - that I realized, "Hmmm. I don't think that I am all that happy with this job."

It was the final straw.

What I'd like to tell you is that I marched into my boss's office, told her to blow it out her ass, and skipped on home. That I cleaned out my desk and carried my mug home.

But I didn't.

Thing is? I'm a realist. I love to dream and I really believe that you can do anything you can dream. Climb every mountain and whatnot.

But.

There is no way that I could quit my job right now and be okay. I know this. And so I shall deal with it and be a grown-up.

And swear at her under my breath. Obviously.

Besides, I know that I am far from the only person who hates her job, who hates her boss, who hates her situation. I am doing what I need to make it better - to make life better - and I know that everything is going to work itself out. I know what I want and I am making it happen.

I just wish I wasn't so damn impatient.

7 comments:

JLR said...

Oh! Hang in there! That's an awful position to be in. I am sending positive, encouraging vibes your way. Let me know if you need someone to spend her spare time looking for job openings in your area.

RR said...

Oooh, when I worked at the same place as Deals, I hated my job. Loved it until my supervisor came along. (Yes, the same one who once told me, "That's not the worst idea ever"). Like jlr, I'm sending you positive vibes right now. And prayers. And I'll even sign up for your Netflix buddy list, if you think that would help. I don't usually rate the movies I see, but for you, I'll be happy to do it.

Heather said...

Oh, thanks for the vibes, ladies! That's so nice...

I really do have a plan, and it's quite good! But it's intense - I have an apartment lease to wait out, some online courses to complete, and a major application to fill out. But it's all going to be worth it in about 6 months!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I found your blog, but I've been reading now for a little while (great, by the way!), and I definitely have one of those soul-sucking, can't get up some mornings jobs. I do know that reading your blog helps make it thru some of those horrible days for me! So, yes, there are others of us out there. Unfortunately, I just bought a house so I won't be leaving anytime soon...Sigh, I think it's this area in general...not one of my friends has job that they love either...my one just went balls to the wall and quit her job cold...so wish I could do it! Sorry to hear you are going thru it as well...it's gotta be the quarter-life crisis!

Anonymous said...

So...you're really leaving us next year? Who will host Thanksgiving? And let me borrow books? :(

Heather said...

Anony - Thank you so much. Sometimes I feel like I am whining too much and I should just either suck it up and deal with it or quit and get a new job. Sometimes it's just not that easy. I would feel so bad starting a new job knowing that I would be leaving a short few months down the road.

But I know that other people have been through this - so many people. I'm not alone! And I know that I will survive it.

And thanks for reading!

Heather said...

lem - It's looking that way! My lease ends in April, so I think that it's going to be a pretty clean break. It's time, you know?

But Thanksgiving is definitely on this year! And it'll be a blowout!

And heck, we can ship books back and forth. It's not *that* expensive. I'll have to have a list of all of them somewhere and you can check it out :)