Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Great Way to Start the Day

My work computer is the devil. I am not kidding. Lucifer himself has come back to earth as my computer and he's going to wreck havoc. Starting with my sanity, apparently.

This happens about once a week: I'll shut down my computer after a long day, and hightail it out of here. When I arrive at work the next morning (or sometimes after a long weekend), a stupid box will be open on my computer that reads, "Windows is shutting down." Yeah, ALL WEEKEND.

And, that's what I arrived to this morning. Fine. I shut down the computer manually, waited a bit, and rebooted the Bastard of the Underworld. This is what happened next:

Lovely!

I yelped, grabbed the camera for documentation (obviously), and shut it down. Again. I may have kicked it once or twice. Finally, after TWO MORE reboots, I was able to log in to the system without incident. Things started to move along. The virus shield popped up. My Audrey screen saver glided into view. And then:

I want to go home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is what you get for not writing about ocean city. :)

Heather said...

Shut up. I'm on it.

Anonymous said...

stu took some more "colorful" pictures last weekend with which you could illustrate your blog...

Heather said...

I'm sure he did. God, what a douche...