Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Best. Salad. EVER.


I love sweet things. Fruit has sugar, yes, but it is fruit, so it's not ALL bad, right? This is a version of the best salad ever, originally eaten by me at an O'Charley's restaurant in Belleville, Michigan. They call it the California Salad, but to avoid any lawsuits, I will call it the Sweet Summer Big Fat Orgasm Salad.

Sweet Summer Big Fat Orgasm Salad

Grilled chicken
romaine leaves
baby spinach leaves
sliced strawberries
mandarin oranges
dried cranberries
candied pecans
balsamic vinaigrette

Toss all ingredients together and drizzle with a lovely balsamic vinaigrette.

I think that the original recipe calls for bleu cheese crumbles, but as even the thought of cheese makes my stomach curdle, I decided against its inclusion. I hope you understand.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the ugly-ass bowl. Someone left it at my house after Thanksgiving and never claimed it. It's hideous, but it is the perfect size for the Sweet Summer Big Fat Orgasm Salad.

2 comments:

John said...

That's an excellent salad. Sometimes I like to use a raspberry-walnut dressing when making something similar. All the fruit makes it super delicious!

Heather said...

Raspberry-walnut sounds awesome. I'll have to try that. Thanks, John!