Friday, March 04, 2005

Capitol Hill, Beetches!

SWEET! Awesome Roommate and I have found the perfect place, signed the lease, and will move into its fabulousness before the month is out. How did we do it, you ask? Gotta send my love out to Craigslist. Love it! LOVE. After searching tirelessly for two months, we were rewarded. PLUS, the people that are moving out (and to a house on U Street) are fabulous. They're even going to help us move. New friends are fun. The fact that they are all very attractive just makes things peachier. We love them.

So let's talk about the amazing find. One story, three bedroom rowhouse with TWO wood-burning fireplaces, high ceilings, big kitchen, two off-street parking places, and - one moment while I wipe away the tears of joy - a washer/dryer combo. And it's only a three-minute walk to the metro. Our dream home.

I am so flippin' excited to be in D.C., finally. Arlington is plain super - don't get me wrong - it's just a little, well... plain. I will miss Bailey's and its black forest sandwich, the live bands at Whitlow's, and cider at Four Courts, and... but wait! We're less than five miles away. I don't even have to say goodbye.

No comments: