Friday, March 18, 2005

Jimmy John's

Last weekend, I discovered the beauty of a Sunday morning - that is, before the crazies leave their houses for their Sunday drives (aka Reigns of Terror). Because of my Lenten promise, the lack of caffeine in my diet has resulted in me having a normal sleeping schedule. That's great, except that I've been craving sugar like you wouldn't believe. It was time to get my weekly ration of strawberry smoothies from Trader Joe's.

First, both TJ's and Target were empty (well, except for the woman in front of me in the Target checkout, who managed to spend $388.24 on a basketful of what appeared to be everyday items like toothpaste, paper towels, juice boxes, and gum), the roads were delightfully devoid of The Virginia Driver, and it was crisp and sunny. Fantastic!

Second, I must go to bat for green tea. It is scrumtrulescent. Have a cuppa - you won't be disappointed.

Third, and most importantly, there is now a Jimmy John's in Alexandria. This is groundbreaking as there is no longer the need to drive to College Park for the best sandwich in the world, thereby reducing the potential dangers to one's car of driving through the ghetto on I-275. Have the 'Turkey Tom' - it has sprouts, and I'm pretty sure that it has less fat than the Double Bacon Cheese ThickBurger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giving myself props for turning H on to the grand green tea. Drink some today - your metabolism will thank you and you won't turn into a fat biffa/munter/minger/ or donkey of the swamp. K-10

Anonymous said...

Where is this Jimmy John's in Alexandria that you speak of...I miss that wonderful place so much since I left the Midwest. I didn't think the East Coast was civilized enough to have one. :)