Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Two Days 'Til Capitol Hill!

We went to pick up the keys to our new place yesterday, but we couldn't go check it out because it's still being painted. So that was a bit of a bummer, but we're moving so soon, that it doesn't really matter!

I didn't really realize how much junk I had crammed into this apartment until I filled five boxes within ten minutes. How does one accumulate so much stuff? And the bags of stuff to donate to Goodwill? Might take more than one trip. Maybe one if the trunk of the 'Scort wasn't rusted shut.

I love packing, though. It's an exact science. The only science I am actually good at, really. Remember high school chemistry? The moles, or whatever? 6.23 times 10 to the whatever power? (Is that even right? I have no idea). Ugh. Give me a nice English Literature class over that any day.

But yeah, packing. It's like Tetris - theoretically, everything fits. (Man, I wish I had a Super Nintendo - Tetris and Dr. Mario. The best!). Awesome roommate thinks that I should just put everything in paper bags. But she doesn't like to pack, so what does she know?

Things might be easier had my dad not taught me to save EVERYTHING. Seriously, the things that I have saved are just wrong. Those notes from History 318 - junior year of college? Got 'em. Every single phone bill and bank statement from when I lived in Ann Arbor? Yep. Scraps of paper with songs I heard on the radio jotted down? In my desk drawer! Perhaps I need help. At least I'm fairly organized. If I needed to find, say, lecture notes from my first semester of grad school, it would probably only take a few minutes to have them in front of me. Because I have them so well filed. Congratulations to me, I suppose.

So yeah. I pity whoever ends up carrying the boxes of folders and old notebooks, because he'll probably be the one carrying my 10-15 boxes of books. But he'll get pizza and beer when he's done... :)

No comments: