Thursday, September 16, 2010

Butterfinger Pumpkin: A Review

I don't know if I could ever pick my favorite candy bar, because it seems to change all of the time, but Butterfingers and Kit Kats will always be competing for the top spot.

Imagine my delight when I saw a Halloween-themed Butterfinger treat at the drugstore on campus:

OH WHAT LIES WITHIN.

Now that I had a Butterfinger Pumpkin in my possession, I could just sense that it was going to be a glorious day.

Well, it wasn't. And it was all Mr. Butterfinger Pumpkin's fault. Assface.

First off, what do you think should have happened when I eagerly took my first bite? I think that there should have been a mixture of happiness and fulfilled longing, crunchiness and chocolatey-ness. ELATION.

But no! Instead, there was a mixture of chocolate and Butterfingery goodness inside. A MIXTURE. A mixture that was more chocolate than anything else. BOO!

When I buy a Butterfinger, it's because I want the delicious peanut butter crispiness within. If I want chocolate, I will buy a Hershey bar or perhaps a Kit Kat (you know, to mix it up). You raise my expectations and then make me sad, Butterfinger Pumpkin!

And now that I think about it? I think that I fell for this around Eastertime with a Butterfinger egg. DAMN YOU, Nestle!

2 comments:

lem said...

You know what I'm excited about?
http://capitalspice.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/pumpkin-beer-showdown-thirteen-spooky-brews/

Heather said...

lem - Ohhhhhh, I just thought of a good place to take you guys when you're in town...