Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Can The Facebook Do For You? Create Friendships With Inanimate Objects, Apparently

Just like me, Kelly has a total love/hate relationship with The Facebook, mostly because it's too easy to discover things about distant "friends" that one never really needed to know in the first place. Especially since there are reasons one hasn't talked to said "friends" in ten years.

Drama aside, she often calls me with hilarious tidbits that she discovers, and this one had me laughing so hard that it was just too good not to share:

"Another thing that I don't understand about Facebook is that apparently you can become friends with a cheese biscuit from Red Lobster? How does that work?"

I'm with you, Kel.

"We are excellent listeners."

7 comments:

Sarah said...

If this was facebook, I would click the "Like' button. ;)

Em said...

you aren't a "friend" you just become a "fan" :) and I am going to find those cheese biscuits and become a FAN immediately!!! :)

Heather said...

sarah - Exactly.

em - I know, I know. But that's what she said, and that's why she is awesome.

RR said...

Have you seen the Hulu advertisement with Denis Leary? Thanks to that, I'm going to start referring to Facebook as "Faceyspaces." It seems an appropriately silly name for a silly product that, yes, I do use...even though it's silly.

Heather said...

rr - No, but I am going to look for it immediately because he is hilarious. Faceyspaces. I love him.

Waayers said...

I just found out that my MOM has joined Facebook! It's official: I am the last person on Earth not to be on there. Well, excpet for LEM. We'll hold out toghether.

Heather said...

waayers - That is grim. My aunt and uncle are on it, too, and I find it rather strange. Hold out, it's not worth it.