Friday, May 01, 2009

How Time Goes By

Tomorrow is Graduation Day here at the University of Michigan, and I had to count on TWO HANDS the number of years that have passed since I walked across the stadium grounds. I graduated from college seven years ago. Seven! And I finished graduate school five years ago. Five!

So many things have happened in my life since 2002.

I was blessed with two nieces. Two!

I moved to Washington, DC:

I made some amazing, wonderful friends.


I visited Kristen in London. Twice:

I interned and worked at the Smithsonian Institution:

I moved back to Michigan:

I went to California for the first time for my old roommate's wedding:

I visited my cousin in Arizona:

I stood up in five weddings:

My beautiful cousin, Holley
My friend for life, Kelly
My new sister, Kari
My darling Merrick
(And there's one other wedding, but it doesn't technically count, because the real one is this summer.)

And finally, I met the love of my life:

I know that all of my life choices brought me here, and I wouldn't change a thing. So on Graduation Day here in Ann Arbor, I am excited for those starting their journeys - I hope that their experiences are as wonderful as mine!

6 comments:

Em said...

:)

lem said...

I love the picture you chose for the SI. Hehe. Drinking Guinness. In public. In the middle of the day!

Heather said...

em - I know.

lem - And I was on the clock!

Shane said...

I demand to be in more pictures! When are you coming back to DC?

Deals On Wheels said...

And it seems like just yesterday we were bitching about school and trying not to fall asleep in class. How time flies!

Heather said...

shane - I couldn't play favorites! Besides, I'm still worrying that I forgot someone.

deals - I totally forgot about that. We went to grad school. Ugh.