Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Some Reasons Why I Need a Full-Time Job

1. I almost bought this while watching QVC. QV fucking C. What the hell is wrong with me? (It might have been HSN. I don't know. I was enraptured by the effeminate man shaving his forearm.)

2. I printed out the daily crossword online because I was too lazy to walk to campus and get a paper.

3. Lately, much of my free time is spent emailing businesses about their products. I told Ben & Jerry's that the pint of chocolate chip cookie dough I bought was stale (the cookie dough chunks were powdery. Powdery!), and they are sending me a refund. I told Dove that the smell of their latest shampoo gave me a migraine and they sent me coupons for several free products. I still have to email the Bigelow tea people about their Pomegranate Pizzazz tea, as it tasted rancid. Because this is apparently who I am now, people. I am the crotchety old man who yells at the damn kids to get off his lawn and complains about how nothing works like it used to.

(Also, can we talk about my grammar in that last paragraph? Ugh.)

(Also, crotchety. Hee!)

4. I'm freaking out that my fridge is going to explode because it's making noises no sane fridge should ever emit. It sounds like a dying badger.

5. I fell asleep here, at 2 p.m., clutching that exact box of Trader Joe's O's:


I really think that I might need the fear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! i've been wondering about the effectiveness of that sephora contraption!

RR said...

I've read a really positive review about the no! no! thing. It said that it does have its flaws but overall is a good thing. I'll see if I can find the link.

A couple of days ago I signed up for QVC to email me if they were selling the no! no! They did not tell me they were going to be selling it. I am not happy with QVC. Yep. QVC. Or maybe it was HSN.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being crotchety. Welcome to crotchety world...where nothing works like it used to. JLR and I have decided that one day we'll be those people who live on a few acres of land and chase people away with a shotgun.

And finally, I'm sorry to hear about your dying badger fridge. I hope it doesn't go kaput and melt all your powdery ice cream.

Heather said...

a - I know, it was so intriguing! But $250 is way beyond my reach right now.

rr - Yes, I've read reviews, too, but they were overwhelmingly negative. And the few positive ones really looked like they were planted there. They were just *too* glowing. I don't know, maybe I'm just negative. Or crotchety. Definitely crotchety.

But my fridge sounds just awful. I've determined that it has something to do with the motor/fan in the freezer, but hell if I know how to fix it.

And I have no idea what a badger sounds like. I didn't want to talk about a dying cat - my original thought - because that sounded too mean. And cute dying animals gets you in trouble with PETA or something.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you knew what a dying badger sounded like.

Also, it is really fun watching you be crotchety. As long as it isn't aimed at me.

Heather said...

lem - I know, my crotchety-ness knows no bounds.