Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tasty, Tasty

On my way to work the other day, I read a very depressing article about how eating red meat regularly can lead to an increased risk of breast cancer. Fantastic! Why couldn't it be something like... brussel sprouts? Or cauliflower? Nope, it has to be that lovely steak.

I'm just wondering if it'll be discredited - for a while, margarine was considered to be WAY better than butter and now health officials say that butter tastes better, so have that instead since they're both about the same amount of 'bad for you.'

It reminded me of a Lewis Black stand-up routine: he was (and I am paraphrasing here) "sick of the government telling us that eggs are good! And then, eggs are bad! And, eggs are good! And, the yolks are bad, the white part is okay... make up your mind!" So I searched for it on YouTube to no avail. I did, however, find this gem from the same stand up special. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Blue!

(if you ever tell anyone I said that I'll kill you).