Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's OVER!

I finally did it. It took forever, but I did it. The breakup that took longer than Britney Spears' marriage (the most recent one, not the Vegas one):

I've dumped Cingular.


Granted, Cingular was sometimes good to me. Every so often I'd get semi-acceptable service, and those, my friends, were the golden days. Most of the time, I would have to teeter on the back porch and try to crane my neck toward the sky to get even a slight increase in reception. Walking home from work was always a blast: dead spots everywhere, words cutting out left and right... And lately, it was taking two attempts to make each and every call. It would tell me that the call was connected, but I wouldn't be able to hear anything.


I tried four different phones in my house, and the most recent one was the worst: if I barely stepped into the kitchen? No signal. Damn microwave interference. Or... something.


And so, I am now a super happy Verizon customer. It's amazing - I can actually talk on the phone in my bedroom! Crazy, isn't it? Poor K-10 had to tag along as I tested the phone in each room. "Can you hear me now? Good!"

No comments: