Thursday, November 23, 2006

T-giving

Preparations for the day of gluttony began on Wednesday night - Jen and I started by cutting up two loaves of bread for the stuffing. Soon, Jen's friend Jenny joined the mix, as did alcohol:

These girls are crazy!

Getting up early to get the twenty-one pound turkey in the oven on time was a bit of a pain with a wicked hangover, but I did my best. Thanks to Aleve, my headache was soon gone and the aroma of stuffing and bird filled the air.


Mmmm... bird.


The bird went in at 10:45 a.m. and didn't see the light of day until 6:30 p.m.

By early evening, we had fourteen people crammed into the tiny living room while the wine and other spirits were a-flowing:


Who brought the scotch, by the way?

When the monstrous bird was finally done, it barely needed to be carved as the meat was literally falling off of the bone:


Golden!

It was a great night - I'm so glad that we were all able to spend Thanksgiving together, and I love that it's turning into a tradition. Love Actually, anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture of the shot of fat, huh?

Heather said...

Oh jeez. Unfortunately, my pictures didn't catch that. I'm waiting on Meghan and Waayers' pictures...

Heh - maybe that can become a Thanksgiving tradition, too!

Heather said...

Okay, I've seen pictures of the "shot heard 'round the world," and I felt a little ill. Boys are gross.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed it! We were supposed to eat at 3. Instead (I'm told) we ate at 5:30. By that point I'd had about four apple pie shots and at least a bottle and a half of wine...myself. I don't remember coming home, though apparently when I did, I decided to catch up on my emails. Jesus.

See you Turdsday.

Heather said...

Correspondence is always best when left to the influence of alcohol. Simply amazing, Stephanie.

Lunch will be good as long as Denise doesn't show up with an attitude, as per usual.

Unknown said...

Oh snap...I'm telling her you said that!!

Heather said...

I'm not scared of Denise.