Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday and Satin & Lace

I have never gone shopping on the day after Thanksgiving, and during December, I avoid the mall like the plague unless it is absolutely necessary. Even then, I always set a plan of action and I do not lose track of the goal: to get in and out of the war zone as soon as humanly possible.

But when Merrick asked me to accompany her and her sister, Gwen, to some bridal shops on that day of days, I didn't even think about the potential scariness - I am too excited and happy for her and Gerald.

She found the dress at the first boutique on our list - it's classic and graceful and very, very her. I would have taken pictures, but we weren't allowed (boo), but I also wouldn't want Gerald to stumble upon a rogue picture by mistake.


Then, it was time for bridesmaid dresses. Merrick chose tea-length dresses in a chocolate color, and is still deciding between two styles. Either would be a lovely choice, really. Gwen looked great in the few styles we tried on, but the intermediate length of the sample dresses made me look hilarious (like how capri pants look like regular pants on me? Yeah, that's how the tea-length dresses looked. I'm excited to be fitted correctly so I look normal!)


It was an exhausting, but exciting day!

No comments: