Friday, August 18, 2006

Twenty-Six

I am twenty-six years old today. 26! Craziness!

It really hasn't been that long since birthdays were anticipated events. Remember those days? For weeks and weeks before, you'd be thinking about your special day... what kind of cake would your mom make? Would you fall in front of everyone and skin your knee at Skateland? Would you be able to blow out all of your candles at once? Would someone give you a new set of Legos, or
Mall Madness (there is a sale at the chit-chen store!), or Starlite, Rainbow Brite's horse, the most magnificent horse in the universe? Birthdays were fun!


Now, it's all about getting older. Birthdays are dreaded rather than celebrated. Why? We should be happy that we've grown, that we've discovered new things about ourselves, and that every experience has transformed us into new, more interesting people.


So, I am excited to be one year older. Really! I'm starting my twenty-seventh year today (at 1:10 a.m., to be exact), and I can't wait to see how much I'll screw up and what I will learn, the new friends I will make and the experiences I will have. It's going to be a good one... I just know it.

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Happy Birthday to one 10 days younger (and 10 inches shorter)!!! :P

Hope you have a good day!

Heather said...

Thanks, Deals! And Happy Belated Birthday! (I was at the beach, but I know that's no excuse!). Hope it was a good one!