Monday, August 14, 2006

Fall!

Sunday night was absolutely beautiful - in the 60s with almost no humidity. As I walked home, I was hit with a revelation: It's almost fall!

I love fall. It is my absolute favorite time of year. Everything is crisp and beautiful. The apple orchards are full, the colors are insane, and all of the animals are getting super fat to prepare for winter (I'm talking about YOU, squirrels and sparrows). Many people say that they don't like fall because everything "dies," but I don't see it that way. Trees go into hibernation, they don't die. Like the phoenix: The phoenix dies and is reborn from the ashes. Trees shed their leaves and are reborn from the thawing earth. It's amazing. (Okay, so I was reaching a little on that one - but still).

Of course, the high is 90-something today, but it really doesn't seem all that oppressive after the lovely weekend weather. Bring on the fall!

No comments: