Tuesday, August 15, 2006

OH HELL YES

For the longest time, my work computer and network would not allow for streaming. I would try and try and try every day, but I couldn't connect to Launchcast. I spent a long time rating music, and I had built up a pretty fly station for myself. They named it, "Heather's Station." Clever. You can rate each song, search for songs you love, and skip the songs you hate. It's an interactive listening experience!

My work entertainment was then reduced to whatever cds I remembered to bring with me and then subsequently remembered to rip to my Media Player. My predecessor had quite an impressive collection of cds ripped to the player, including: The Very Best of Liza Minelli, The Wizard of Oz, Rent, and the entire collected works of someone called Madonna. Yes, he loved his showtunes. My listening variety was therefore reduced to those and the Harry Potter 3 soundtrack.

Enter the new computer. It's pure sexy, this computer (though, as I know nothing about computers, it's probably just a boring, standard, government-issue Dell). Still, it's sweet. My old computer was crap compared to this. My old computer was so bad it held people up at gunpoint. My old computer was so bad it ate babies for lunch. My old computer was so bad [insert insult here]. Anyway, glad it's gone...

So you might have guessed by now that I finally tried to run launchcast again. You were right! I *did* run it again. And it worked! And because of the power of the internets (and cookies, whatever the hell those are), all of my old ratings were saved and remembered. My first song? "Round Here" by Counting Crows. Excitement!

One fun thing about Launchcast is that every once in a while, you get some completely random song thrown at you. How in the world do I, after listening to Counting Crows, Weezer, Snow Patrol, and Blue October, get a Bone Thugs 'N' Harmony song? How? Embarrassingly enough, I actually listened to them in High School (the suburbs of Detroit was a hardass place, don't you know). But not today. SKIP.

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh the days we listened to Bone Thugs.... we were hardass in the SGate.... Downriver for life!

gabe said...

Nice... you should totally listen to my station... it's my yahoo address.

Heather said...

We were so hardass, EmFace. Obviously.

Yeah, Gabe, I think that my station is "heathpie's station" now that I think about it. Ooh, haven't started launchcast yet today. Must get on that...