Sunday, August 20, 2006

Red Mei

There is a small restaurant down in Old Town that I encourage everyone to try: Red Mei.

Located right on King Street, this little Asian bistro doesn't get the business it deserves. They have a great simplified menu that consists of contemporary versions of popular dishes from Thailand, China, and Vietnam. All entrees are cooked to order, right in front of your eyes (I like to watch - they are geniuses with the woks!), and very, very well priced at about$5.99 per entree.


I, unfortunately, am a creature of habit and have tried only one thing: the chicken pad thai, which is fantastic. I tend to get hooked on something and never want to try anything new. Bad attitude, I know -- but the pad thai is SO GOOD. Merrick has tried a few things, however, including the Mongolian Beef and the Chicken Fried Rice, and has never been disappointed.


Head down to King Street and try it for yourself!

Red Mei
602 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
703.837.0094

(Next to Restoration Hardware and across from Chipotle.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MONGOOOORIAN!

Heather said...

Shane, I had you in mind when I typed "Mongolian Beef," and you did not disappoint! Thanks for giving me the biggest laugh of the day so far - I needed it.

"Hello, Shitty Wok!"