Saturday, August 19, 2006

Birthday Girl

I got to go to I Ricchi for dinner on my birthday, and it was pretty damn good - even if I was seated in what was, until an hour before the reservation, the employees' break room. (I mean, really -- if you want to turn away as few people as possible, that's great. But don't just invent dining rooms so that you can fit everyone in. The hostess warned me that we were going to walk past the kitchen... she neglected to mention that we were going to walk through the kitchen and would be able to shake hands with the busboys). It was funny though - I thought we were going to end up in the alley!

(Okay, the picture on the
left is where we ate, the private wine room, so nevermind. But we sure did take a walking tour of that place!)

Then it was off to Union Pub to meet my peeps where I drank my cranberry and Stolis and did just a few shots with the girls (this, my friends, is key. Shots from girls are lovely and sweet - Dirty Girl Scout, SoCo and lime, etc. Shots from boys are horrific - Wild Turkey and Three Wise Men).


It was a great night.

No comments: