Monday, January 17, 2005

Yay Federal Government!

I have at least 2 days off this week. Paid. Thank you Federal Government!

The other day, the Lady asked me if I was going to go watch the Inauguration. I think she got mad when I laughed as hard as I did. I wasn't disrespecting my mother by snorting laughter in her ear, really. It was just such an absurd question - she knows where my loyalties lie, after all. Let's forget for a moment that it's going to be balls cold. Because it is. I just think that I want to watch the end of the world from my warm, cozy couch. Several friends will be there, of course, yet doing drastically different things. Waayers is volunteering at the parade. They told her that upon arrival, she should introduce herself to the police and secret service agents so that they know what she's doing there. You know, helping to keep the crowd calm, rather than do what several of my other ladies are doing - adding to the thickness of their FBI files. Bets must have a file at least an inch thick, I swear. Because she's awesome. Like another friend said, "I didn't think there were activists anymore."

When Laurel came over yesterday, I asked her what time they'd be rushing the stage. She thought I was kidding...

One thing that will accompany me to the couch on Thursday is this down-filled blankety-thing from Target. It was on sale because it is red, green, and white-striped. aHA! Nice try, Target team! I won't fall for the "Christmas" theme! They were practically giving them away, anyway. It is probably one of the sexiest things I've bought in months. And that's saying something, because the Semi-Annual Sale at VS just ended. And I bought lacy things. Yet the blanket is still sexier.

Anyway, Thursday, warm on the couch = me. Being proud of all of my ladies for standing up for what they believe in = also me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was hoping that by being "forced" to introduce myself to the Secret Service at the parade, I might make some friends, if you know what I mean. *Wink wink.*

Anonymous said...

I'll try to get some numbers for her too. Because at least they're older than the little boys at rocket.