Monday, January 24, 2005

Metro blows.

So I don't want this to turn into a forum for me to bitch about the metro, but seriously - that's what it's becoming. Today was awful.

Got to the station this morning - actually ahead of schedule. I was going to be early to work! Happiness! And then, coming down the escalator, I heard it.

"Ladies and gentlemen. If you are heading toward the city center, please transfer to the other platform in the direction of Vienna." Meaning: Cross to the other side of the platform and take the metro to the end of the orange line so it can turn around, pick up hordes of people, and add about an hour to your commute while you are pressed up against a window and can't breathe.

And speaking of being unable to breathe - why is it that some people can't seem to effectively brush their teeth in the morning? The worst breath ever - and you're trapped with him in this tiny, enclosed train car. And these are always the Napoleon Dynamite-esque mouth breathers. Always. At least gargle, GOSH.

Anyway, I got to work eventually. Not that there's anything for me to do.

No comments: