Friday, July 02, 2010

MST3K!

I've always loved snarky, bizarre, cracked-out humor, evidenced by my fascination with In Living Color, The Kids in the Hall, and The State (oh, how I loved The State). I don't know when it was that I discovered Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I have loved it ever since.

Mike and I first watched one of the most amazing MST3K episodes about two years ago. The movie was called Devil Fish, and we still quote that episode. And I think that I linked to it before, because it's on youtube in its entirety, but here is a taste of the brilliance.

You're welcome.


So when I heard that MST3K was doing LIVE shows, and one was going to be in ANN ARBOR, and OMG THAT'S WHERE I LIVE, I called him immediately. I think that I freaked him out at first.

"Hi honey, what's up?"
H: "Are you busy?"
M: "Um, yeah. Why? What's going on?"
H:"Omgmysterysciencetheateriscomingtoannarborandthey
doaliveshowwhilethemovieplaysbehindthemandwewilllaugh
andit'sentirelypossiblethatI'llpeemypantsyay!"
M: "..."
H: "WE HAVE TO GO."

So that's where we are going tonight, after dinner at our favorite restaurant, and I am SO EXCITED. I may not be heading to a lake this weekend like most everyone else in this state, but I don't care because this is awesome. AWESOME, I tell you!

Of course, I almost ruined everything by making plans with Kelly for tonight to see the sparkly vampire movie because when she called yesterday to see if I had plans on Friday night, I was all, "Hmmm... Not that I can think of! Durrrrr!" So I had to crush her dreams with a text this morning.

And then tomorrow, instead of being on a boat in a lake, we have a wedding to go to where I will know exactly ONE person: Mike. I haven't decided if I'm going to get wildly drunk and make friends with everyone, or if I'm going to be the designated driver. Mike's the one who got us invited, so maybe it should be him.

Anyway, MST3K. Woo!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

OMG!!!!!! SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

One time I was walking through the parking lot at the mall, and I saw a vanity license plate on a minivan. I stared for a minute until it hit me.

MST 3K

Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Wherever that woman is today, she would be my BFF.

Heather said...

sunny - Yeah, it was really fun. There were some points where the movie was loud and we couldn't hear the comments, but other than that, it was great. The movie was beyond awful, too (East Meets Watts). It made absolutely no sense at all. No sense!

Also, I just saw a license plate that said "12STPS," so... good for that person.