Thursday, March 13, 2008

Watered Down

Against my better judgement, I stopped at Biggby for coffee yesterday, only to have a guy totally sneak in front of me in line. Heather angry!

But! I quickly realized that his douchebaggery found me witness to the following, fantastically mind-blowing, exchange:

Douchebag Customer: "Gimme a tall coffee with thirteen ice cubes."

Barista: "What?"

DBC: "Tall coffee with thirteen ice cubes."

B: "Thirteen..."

DBC: "Ice cubes."

B: Pause. "Tall coffee." Pause. "With thirteen ice cubes. Coming up."

I stood behind this guy, trying not to pee myself, but also trying to come up with an equally ridiculous order. In the end, I couldn't do it. The douchebag customer left quickly and I stepped up to the counter.

Heather: "Um..." And then I exploded in giggles.

Barista: "AMAZING."

Heather: "I can't wait to tell that story all day!"

Barista: "Same here!"

Then I recounted a similar experience at Bruegger's, in which a girl ordered:

"A large coke. Half diet, half Coke. More diet than Coke." Pause. "Oh, and no ice."

Yes. Such is Ann Arbor. When the students are in town, that is.

Anyway, I paid for my mocha, and the barista stamped my coffee card six times. Score!

No comments: