Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oooh, Piece of Candy!

I... get excited about things. I like to point these things out to Mike, whether they're hawks (red-tailed hawks flying around are super cool), 500 thread-count sheets on sale (500 thread-count? That's like sleeping in CLOUDS), or strawberries at the grocery store (strawberries are good).

I realize that this gets... annoying. It all came to a head when we were at Kohl's for a simple return. From the front door to customer service, I must have pointed out twelve different things, and - here's the kicker - I DON'T KNOW WHY. I seriously don't know why I do this! First it was sunglasses. Then insulated mugs. Then the Friends Scene It game. Then towels. Then candles. And everything started with, "Ooh, a ____!"

Mike is a saint, and just says, "wow," and "cool," and "interesting." Or he says nothing at all, which apparently doesn't register with me. He's too nice to tell me to can it, which... see? A saint.

Then he told me about this commercial and once I saw it, I about died laughing. It is ME. I am the pointer. And I don't mind admitting to it:

4 comments:

JLR said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha! I swear I had a conversation last week with someone about how I do that and annoy everyone including myself. But I like to think that it just means that we can find the joy in little things, and therefore we are happier people. Right?

I also read billboards and street signs as I'm riding in the car. Also very annoying, apparently.

Heather said...

jlr - YES. WE ARE AMAZING. We just want everyone to share in our joy. But man... we are SO annoying.

I don't read the billboards - my mom does that, though.

At least I come by it honest.

Anonymous said...

I like the Family Guy reference. I love the James Woods eps.

Heather said...

shane - I think that you and Mike would get along spendidly. Indeed!